12 Tips to Get More Protein – Episode 106
In episode 106, Jill and Chris discuss the importance of protein in the diet, especially for women over 50. They offer12 different ways to get more protein in your diet.
- When doing meal planning first figure out the proteins, then adjust for the veggies.
- Precook protein in a crockpot so you have a lot available ahead of time. Refrigerate to add to other meals.
- Precook quinoa when doing meal prep. Easy to sneak it into soups, salad, other meals. 20 grams of protein per serving
- If you are avoiding dairy use plant protein soy- based proteins like tofu tempeh lentils and beans
- When making a vegetable salad add in chickpeas kidney beans black beans quinoa even tuna
- Add sardines to your fish choices. Sardines make a great addition to tuna salad here is another recipe for sardines
- When you sit down to eat, start with eating your protein first
- Add Greek yogurt to your breakfast routine or dessert. Fage Greek yogurt 0% milkfat has 20 grams of protein in a serving
- Consider breakfast with eggs instead of cereal
- Use protein powder in smoothies Orgain is available on Amazon or at Costco with many choices of flavors. Great for smoothies adding into coffee as a creamer.
- Protein bars dash keep them handy for when you might miss a meal link to episode #38
- Try this protein oatmeal ball recipe