Episode 97 Lift to Get Lean
In episode 97, Jill and Chris interview Holly Perkins, a women’s strength expert, a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist, and the author of Lift to Get Lean.
Holly helps women create the body they need to keep up with the life they love, through her proven system of strength training and intentional nutrition. She holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Exercise Physiology and Nutrition from The Pennsylvania State University. Holly has worked with many famous people and celebrities… and even a presidential candidate.
Her advice is frequently featured in Women’s Health, Shape, SELF, Prevention, BuzzFeed, and LIVESTRONG.com. With 30 years of experience in the field, Shape magazine named Holly a “Top Trainers to Follow”.
- Why women over 50 need to do more than cardio exercise
- The five types of considerations to fitness (cardio vascular fitness, muscular strength, muscle endurance, flexibility, and body composition.)
- How to begin or return to the gym after a break
- What to do at the gym to see progressive results
- Holly explains when you build lean muscle mass, the magic starts to happen.
- She describes the important Muscle Tipping Point: This is the point on your strength training fitness journey where it really starts to impact you and your body in profound ways. Your metabolism is faster, you burn more fat, you are burning more calories at rest and reducing your osteoporosis scores.
- Lean muscle helps you age gracefully, keeps you young, and keeps your body fat down. The only way to get there is through progressive muscle strength training.
- Five muscle groups to work out with 2-3 sets of 10-12 reps.
- The challenge of the last 2 reps and why it is so important
- What she thinks about fasting workout and intermittent fasting.
- Foods she takes with her while traveling in a car or airplane
“We are not men in their 20s.” “Do something harder to get better.” “Creating the body that you need, to live the life that you love.”
- You can download a free 6 Week Strength and Cardio Plan at https://hollyperkins.com/offer.
- Learn her approach to nutrition with the 14-page premium guide and signature proven approach to learn how to balance macro nutrients so you can feel better, have more energy, and release body fat at https://hollyperkins.com/macros
- Holly Perkin’s website: https://hollyperkins.com/
- Amazon Paperback: Lift to Get Lean: A Beginner’s Guide to Fitness & Strength Training in 3 Simple Steps
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/hollyperkins/
- YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/c/HollyPerkinsFitness/videos