There is a certain day in January that recognized as the day most people quit their resolutions. I think I might have hit that earlier than normal.
It’s been a weird start of the new year:
- I had taken a flu shot, but still “caught” a bit of something.
- I participated in an awesome healthy living / self care / meditation / yoga workshop, but ended up having back spasms on the way home. From driving??? Not sure. It took a couple of days with hot rice bags and stretches to get the kinks out.
- Signed up for a “biggest loser” challenge at the gym. And in 2 weeks, somehow I’ve gained 2.4 pounds. (Honestly, I think it is salt and timing.)
- Snow fall the last few days have resulted in more steps than the earlier weeks as I cleared the driveway, but has left me with cabin fever.
How I’m refocusing to get my head out of the funk:
- I am replaying the most recent podcast episode about fighting processed food addictions. Wow. This one is hard to ignore!
- Feeling discouraged, I did a “quick” summary of 2019 doctor visits and tests. (30 for my mom, 6 for my dad and 4 for me.) No wonder I’m feeling my focus has shifted.
- Improving my workouts, circuit training, spinning, and light jogging. It’s easier now that I feel like I kicked that bug I caught.
- Re looking at my words: Grateful/Habit Cue/Declutter
- Entering and tracking my food in MyFitnessPal
How are you getting back on track on your 2020 plans this January? Maybe you never got derailed – so how do you stay on track? Leave me a message by voice at 330-970-6662 or email email@example.com. Thanks! I can use the encouragement.