In episode 34 of the Fit, Strong Women Over 50 podcast for the Becoming Elli community, Jill and Chris discuss a variety of ways for improving health.
There’s more to becoming like Elli than we like to think. It’s not just eat vegetables and get 10,000 steps a day. Jill and Chris cover some of the other aspects of being fit and strong. They discuss:
- their training this spring
- problems that arise with sleep and how to avoid them
- the importance of including Omega 3 fats in the diet
- their progress on the Becoming Elli 2019 veggie challenge.
Chris and Jill discuss how they’re training for progress into summer and how they’re dealing with or avoiding injuries. Biking, running, yoga, and strength training are the major forms of activities.
Chris is also giving back to the running community by volunteering at aid stations for a variety of races.
- why sleep is so important
- why it can be difficult to fall asleep
- how to improve sleeping habits
She also discusses some new research about how our body “cleans” our brains while we sleep.
Omega 3 Fatty Acids
Jill discusses why it’s important to have Omega 3 fatty acids in your diet and ways to increase your consumption of Omega 3s. This includes using supplements such as fish oil or krill and foods that are rich in Omega 3s like salmon, sardines, and walnuts.