In episode 32 Jill and Chris interview Tammy Wise, a Mind-Body Fitness Expert. A Broadway dancer turned Tao minister, Tammy describes how you can tap into your true strength.
In today’s Fit Strong Women Over 50 podcast, we discuss:
- Your core supports all the bones and muscles in the top of body and bottom of body.
- Your brain recalls the details of your story, but it doesn’t have the emotional memory. That’s found in your body. Soft tissue holds the emotional memory.
- Tension and strength have the very same root. While tension is energy that’s stagnant, strength is energy that’s in flow. Strength is connecting to the goal. Tension stands between you and the goal.
- Releasing tension builds strength in mind and body. Her strength training method uses alignment, emotional release and outside resistance to reorganize and focus your strength
- Body Logos means the body’s divine wisdom
- Eating in balance. She prefers to eat several small meals throughout the day.
- Peasant bread: dark flour, whole grains
“I’ve made it my personal mission to help people understand–and experience–what real strength feels like. And it’s not the result of bench-pressing a ton of weight or running endless miles. It’s about alignment, and a power that comes from your mind and body being in the same place at the same time.” Tammy Wise
Gift for listeners: Free video on how to release pressure. Go to bodylogos.com, scroll to bottom, and click on graphic at bottom of screen for free video.
Contact Info and Links:
Website and blog: www.bodylogos.com
Book: The Art of Strength: Sculpt the Body Train the Mind is available on BodyLogos website, Amazon, Barnes and Noble.