144 – Reinventing Ourselves with Wendy Battles
In episode 144, Jill and Chris talk with Wendy Battles,the host of the Reinvention Rebels podcast.
Wendy interviews women between the ages of 50-90, who have reinvented themselves later in life. From traveling solo around the world with a carry-on bag at 60, to running in global marathons at 71, to launching a modeling career at 72, these women are boldly making their dreams a priority and reality.
During the day, Wendy is a Cybersecurity Awareness expert at Yale University and by night she pursues her passion for celebrating, illuminating and elevating midlife and older women. At 58, Wendy is a Reinvention Rebel herself, having reinvented herself many times during her life including as a management consultant, voice actor, and health coach. Her most recent reinvention as a podcast host is by far her most rewarding.
In “Reinventing Ourselves with Wendy Battles” we discuss:
- Her own reinvention journey and staying vibrant
- The power of giving yourself permission
- What she has learned about the art of living on purpose
- The advantages of having your own dream team
- Why looking at your accomplishments and being flexible helps you to explore new things
- For those focusing on a new goal, how reinvention and goal setting work together
- How to build mental resilience and improve mindset
- How women at midlife and older who are taking on big adventures have in common
- What she has learned while talking with women in their 50’s and beyond about pursuing a new passion
Download | Play in New Window
Please Subscribe: Apple Podcasts (iTunes) | Google Podcasts | Pandora | Player FM | Castbox | Tunein | Spotify | RSS | Amazon Podcasts | iHeartRadio | Podchaser | Podcast Addict | Listen Notes