Episode 116 – Intermittent Fasting Insider with Ellen Britt
Download | Play in New Window
Please Subscribe: Apple Podcasts (iTunes) | Google Podcasts | Android-Google Play | Stitcher | Player FM | Castbox | Tunein | Spotify | RSS
Jill and Chris talk with Dr. Ellen Britt, an intermittent fasting expert. She is the co-founder and principal writer of The Intermittent Fasting Insider, a bimonthly newsletter that brings her audience the most compelling developments in intermittent fasting as well as innovation in practices that can be stacked with IF.
She also co-facilitates with her colleague Denise Wakeman an 1800 member free Facebook group for entrepreneurs interested in intermittent fasting, as well as their latest paid membership project, The Longevity Experience.
Ellen has over two decades of experience as a PA in emergency and occupational medicine. She holds a doctorate (an Ed.D.) in biology, as well as a Master’s in Clinical Psychology. Ellen lives and works just south of Atlanta, Georgia.
You may remember our interview with Denise Wakeman: Adventure Travels with Denise Wakeman
During this episode we discussed:
- Various types of intermittent fasting
- Research findings concerning the health benefits of intermittent fasting
- Which type she recommends for women over 50
- Medical reasons for not doing an intermittent fasting regime
- How to get started with intermittent fasting
- The easiest hours to do an intermittent fast
- How long to do an intermittent fast
- Using intermittent fasting with other eating plans like paleo, keto, or vegan
Links for more information:
The Intermittent Fasting Insider, a bimonthly newsletter
Facebook group for intermittent fasting