In one of the recent podcasts I was thinking about my Frittata with Pepper Stir Fry breakfast when I said that I was cheating on the 2021 Veggie Challenge. We are all trying to add vegetables to our meals.
The challenge for me is to eat more vegetables in my diet. The way I’ve been cheating is buying frozen vegetable packs and using them instead of cleaning, cutting and preparing fresh veggies. Jill replied that she doesn’t think it is cheating, so I’ve decided to share this “recipe” with all of you.
It’s very easy and delicious too. Some people cook the eggs in an oven ready pan so they can bake the veggies into the frittata, but I take the easy stove top way instead.
- Pop the frozen veggies into the microwave to thaw a bit.
- Put a little olive oil in the pan and add the veggies.
- Saute them until slightly brown and warm. Set aside.
- Wipe out the pan and pour in two eggs, scrambled.
- Cook them like you’re going to make an omelette.
- Don’t stir or flip the eggs.
- When they are almost done, add the veggies on top.
- Put a lid over the eggs/veggies as the eggs finish cooking.
- After the eggs are done and the veggies rewarmed, sprinkle a little mozzarella or cheddar cheese on top.
Slide the frittata from the pan to the plate and voila! Yummy and easy!
Veggie challenge: 5 servings of vegetables before noon. Boom!! Not bad!!
What are you doing to add more veggies to your meals? Have any easy and delicious “cheats?” Please share!