Podcast Episode 17 – Pros and Cons of the Elliptical
Podcast: Download | Play in New Window
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts (iTunes) | Google Podcasts | Android-Google Play | Stitcher | Player FM | Castbox | Tunein | Spotify | RSS
Controversy surrounding the Elliptical was started inadvertently in Episode #5 when Brian Kennel mentioned his thoughts on the Elliptical. In Episode #17 of the Becoming Elli Podcast, Chris and Jill look for answers when they interview a series of experts on their opinions about the use of the elliptical for women over 50.
In this episode you will hear:
- The pros and cons of the Elliptical Machine
- What to use instead of the elliptical
- Mistakes people sometimes make
- How to get a great workout on the elliptical
- Why some people do not recommend the elliptical for women over 50
Experts interviewed include:
- Sara Renard has her Group Fitness Instructor Certification from AFAA (the Aerobics and Fitness Association of America), Personal Trainer certification from NETA (National Exercise Trainers Association.) She is responsible for all of the group fitness instructors at LifeCenter Plus.
- Andrew Oravec is a personal trainer, exercise specialist, and group fitness instructor at Summa Wellness Center and has a Master’s Degree in Exercise Physiology from University of Akron. He is a Certified Exercise Physiologist by the American College of Sports Medicine.
- Jennifer Stefanik is President of Central Wellness and has her Bachelor’s and Master’s Degree in Exercise Physiology from Kent State University. She is a Certified Group Exercise Instructor and Certified Health Coach through American Council on Exercise.
- Maria Stadelman is a personal trainer at Summa Wellness Center and has a bachelor degree from Ohio University in Exercise Physiology. She has been an athlete her whole life. Maria was interviewed on Episode #1 of Becoming Elli and many women are still downloading and enjoying listening to this episode.
- Suzanne LaChance is a fitness specialist, personal trainer and group exercise instructor. She is also a certified Zumba instructor and is Certified by the American College of Sports Medicine as a Exercise Physiologist. He holds a Master’s Degree in Exercise Physiology from the University of Akron. She works at Summa Wellness Center.
- Jacob Weatherbee is a fitness specialist who has a Bachelor’s Degree in Exercise Science from the University of Akron and has a certification in Exercise Physiology through American College of Sports Medicine. He also works at Summa Wellness Center.
- Mark Feakes is the Director at LifeStyles North at Cleveland Clinic Akron General. He has a Bachelor of Science in Athletic Training from the University of Akron and has many years of experience as a certified personal trainer as well.
Prices for various Elliptical Machines vary. Here are some elliptical machines that may be workable for home use.
Disclosure: these photos link to the Amazon affiliate program, where a portion of a purchase might help offset the expenses associated with the podcast and website.