Episode #46 of the Fit Strong Women Over 50 Podcast for the Becoming Elli Community
Download | Play in New Window
Please Subscribe: Apple Podcasts (iTunes) | Google Podcasts | Android-Google Play | Stitcher | Player FM | Castbox | Tunein | Spotify | RSS
In Episode 46, Jill and Chris discuss the importance of protein for women over 50 from an earlier recording with personal trainer, Brian Kennell. They also discuss the challenges of eating healthy during the holiday season and offer tips.
Limited time, free special bonus: Downloadable food planner and tracker PDF for eating healthy during holiday feasting with 20 tips.
In this podcast we discuss:
- Ways of eating healthy during the holidays
- How many grams of protein a day women over 50 should eat
- Why cutting calories to lose weight and exercising to lose weight at the same time can be a problem.
- 3 reasons why women over 50 don’t always get enough protein
- Strength training to build muscle
- Sources of lean protein
- Why changes in body composition toward more muscle and less fat are a lot slower than losing just weight on the scale
- Thanksgiving food preparation ideas
- Getting enough protein and exercise
- Gluten free and vegan ideas and options
(Along with eating healthy during the holidays, you may be interested in hearing more from Brian. Here is a link to our earlier podcast with Brian Kennell when he talks about how women over 50 can stay Healthy, Fit and Active.)