Episode 99 – Ditch the Diet Culture with Cindy Dallow
In episode 99, Jill and Chris talk with Cindy Dallow, PhD, RD, a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist and Certified Intuitive Eating Counselor.
She has worked in the field of nutrition and fitness for 30 years and enjoys training and competing in marathons and triathlons. A USAT Certified Triathlon Coach, she is a 5-time Ironman finisher and has completed 12 marathons.
Cindy helps women over 45 learn about nutrition, fitness, intuitive eating and how we can live our best lives during and after menopause.
She works with woman in mid-life to gain more energy, strength, and fitness (without dieting), to enjoy good food and an active lifestyle and offers support and accountability for lifestyle change. She focuses on helping women ditch the diet culture and become active and fit.
- Listening to your body for cues for hunger and fullness
- Intuitive eating vs chronic dieting
- Protein from plants vs meat vs powders
- Her thoughts on intermittent fasting, keto and other restrictive eating
- How she works with endurance athletes to fuel
- Honoring hunger and learning to recognize and trust hunger instead of ignore or control it
- Rejecting the diet mentality
- Intentional eating, balance and satisfaction
- Slowing down, paying attention to texture, taste, flavor and enjoying the meal
- Becoming mindful about the eating experience
Be sure to get her healthy meal checklist available free from her website!