Accountability and Consistency Equals Success – A Conversation with Kai Boyer – Episode 40
Download | Play in New Window
Please Subscribe: Apple Podcasts (iTunes) | Google Podcasts | Android-Google Play | Stitcher | Player FM | Castbox | Tunein | Spotify | RSS
In episode 40, Jill and Chris talk with Kai Boyer, a Certified Master Trainer in Orange County in Southern California.
Kai competed in tennis both in college and professionally. Unfortunately, she had a career ending hip injury and had to give up her sport. She then turned her attention to finishing her degree and starting her business, Kai Boyer Fitness.
She specializes in in Women’s Physique, Weight Loss, Athletic Performance Training, Injury Rehabilitation and Pain Management. With over 5 years experience, Kai has helped hundreds of individuals achieve their fitness goals and transform their lives and bodies through fitness & nutrition.
- Questions to ask your personal trainer
- Best exercises for women over 50
- Modifications for basic exercises when needed
- Functional training
- Why she suggests the row machine and elliptical instead of the treadmill
- Recovery and rest day
- Healthy eating tips
- Weight loss plans that she offers clients
- How she defines fit
- Healthy food lifestyle that limits sugar, trans fat and alcohol
- Why she encourages food substitutions over food eliminations
- How her meal plans are more manageable and maintainable
Those who would like to learn more about Kai Boyer Fitness and how accountability and consistency equals success can follow her:
Chris and Jill discuss the Fitbit app and watches.
- Which features we use and how we use them.
- Heart rate
- Water proof
- What we like and why as well as what we don’t like and why.
Interested in joining a Becoming Elli FitBit challenge group? Let us know by sending an email to Jill@becomingelli.com or calling 330-970-6662 or connecting with us on FitBit. We will be posting our FitBit names in the Becoming Elli Private Facebook group to see who else is interested.