Episode 101- This is 50 with Angie Jackson
In episode 101, Jill and Chris talk with Angie Jackson about learning to swim and becoming at triathlete at age 50.
Five years ago, Angie decided to become a runner and then a triathlete. She tells us how she’s worked hard to learn to swim, bike, and run.
When she started her swim lessons again, Angie hired a triathlon Coach Morgon Latimore and successfully trained for and completed a Sprint, Olympic, and Half Distance Triathlon.
Angie Jackson has three adult children, and she is Mimi to her two grandchildren. Angie is a nurse and works long hours, but manages to fit in the training needed to race triathlons!
She is originally from Philadelphia and now lives in North Carolina. There are a lot of fun races that she will be participating in from now until then. Currently she is in training for her first full distance triathlon that will take place on Sept 17, 2022 in Maryland.
Some of the races she plans to do alone, but others she will do with her grandchildren.
Angie wants women to know we can change the narrative of what a certain age “looks or acts like.” Everything Angie is doing now: swimming, cycling running, yoga, strength training, and hula hooping…this is 50!
- Learning to swim and being afraid of deep open water
- Developing speed with intervals
- Overcoming mental challenges by setting big goals
- Getting encouragement in a community of like minded individuals
- How she defines getting older and why she uses the hashtag #THISIS50
- What type of fuel she uses for staying hydrated and fueled during the challenge of triathlons (INFINIT Go Far Endurance Fuel)
- Her strength building routine
- Angie’s challenging race goal schedule for the next 8 months, including the full IRONMAN in MARYLAND on Sept 17, 2022.
Links mentioned in this podcast:
Be You 4 Life Apparel – Angie is an ambassador Ambassador @BY4L (code anja 10)
Team Zoot https://teamzoot.com/
Infinit nutrition fuel Ambassador @Infinit Nutrition (code Infinit-Jackson)
Angie Jackson’s Facebook