Episode 65 of the Fit Strong Women Over 50 podcast
In episode 65, Jill and Chris interview Ren Powell who is a poet, playwright, translator, theater-maker and teaching artist/mentor. Ren lives an active lifestyle and enjoys running, strength training and yoga. A native Californian, she is now a Norwegian citizen settled on the west coast of Norway.
Chris and Jill met Ren when she joined the Becoming Elli private Facebook group and have gotten to know her better. They decided that other Fit Strong Women Over 50 podcast listeners would enjoy hearing how she stays strong and fit.
During this episode of the Fit Strong Women Over 50 podcast they discussed:
- Her favorite running distance and which marathon she might consider running in the future
- Her love of obstacle runs and how she feels about being the oldest member of her obstacle race team
- Ways she has modified her work of teaching movement training for theatre during COVID 19 restrictions
- Physical theatre examples: Frantic Assembly (Theater Company in England) and the Gecko Theater
- How she overcame a weight gain, what she has eliminated from her meals and how she has been successful over the past 9 years
- Mark’s Daily Apple, Whole 30, and a Ketogenic Diet
- Her strength training routine, her four main weight-lifting moves (squats, deadlifts, bench press, military press/overhead press) and how often she strength trains each week
- The type of yoga she practices and how/why she has modified it over the years.
- The 7 app (7 minute workout) with the 12 exercises of 30 seconds each and how she uses them. Here is Jill’s review of apps that include the Seven Minute Workout the Seven App)
- Joan McDonald
Follow her on her Instagram at @Orphanyoginiish