Episode 66 of the Fit Strong Women Over 50 podcast
In episode 66, Jill and Chris talk with Christine Phillips about the power of affirmations.
Christine Phillips is an Assistant Professor in Sport and Exercise Studies at Cuyahoga Community College with a masters degree in exercise science. She is a PhD candidate for a doctor of philosophy in Health Psychology.
Christine is a certified health and wellness specialist. She’s also a certified yoga teacher and group exercise instructor… plus she a grandmother of three and then somehow finds the time to ride her bike. (She’s already ridden more than 2,000 miles in 2020.)
- How to phrase an affirmation
- Why losing weight doesn’t work
- How she used affirmations and visualization to finish a 110 mile bike ride feeling strong and energized
- If we are not ready and willing to change, they won’t work. You have to be willing to change, to be open and healing.
- By using affirmations and visualizations you become more aware of the end result and notice tools around you that will help you achieve the end result.
- You have to be in the mindset to believe it.
Some sample affirmations:
“I am getting better… more and more every day”
“I am releasing the weight that doesn’t serve me anymore.”
“I am eating healthier everyday.I have right to be here.”
“I am sharing my gifts with the world.”
Here is the link if you are interested in supporting Christine’s PanOhio Hope Ride for Cancer.