Episode 113 – Not Your Average Runner with Jill Angie
In episode 113, Jill and Chris interview certified running coach and personal trainer Jill Angie.
Jill Angie is the author of the book, Not Your Average Runner; Why You’re Not Too Fat to Run and the Skinny on How to Start Today. She has also published 5K and Half Marathon training plans for beginning runners.
She hosts the “Not Your Average Runner” podcast and website to show that runners come in all shapes, sizes, and speeds. She wants to live in a world where everyone is free to feel fit and fabulous at any size. Jill and her coaches help women to start running or to improve their running.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Mindset and her Not Your Average Runner philosophy
- Cross training
- Running equipment – bras, shoes
- Joints – misconceptions about running hurting your knees
- Coaching women who feel they are too old, too fat or too slow
- How she helps women start running with the body they have now
- Her books:
Not Your Average Runner; Why You’re Not Too Fat to Run and the Skinny on How to Start Today
Not Your Average 5K: A Practical 8-Week Training Plan for Beginning Runners
Not Your Average Half Marathon: A Practical Training Plan for Beginning Runners
- Website Not Your Average Runner
- Podcast Not Your Average Runner
- Instagram Not Your Average Runner