Gut Health – Podcast episode #70
In episode #70, Jill and Chris talk about taking care of the gut and brain during menopause with Christine Bailey.
Christine is an award winning degree qualified Functional Nutritional Therapist, Chef and Author with over 20 years of experience in the health, corporate and food industry. With a first class degree in Nutrition and Nutritional Therapy (BSc) and additional training by the Institute of Functional Medicine Christine is an experienced nutrition practitioner and speaker working in the public and corporate sector. Christine works as a consultant for a wide range of health, fitness, supplement and food companies.
Discussed in today’s podcast with Christine Bailey:
- What you eat and when you eat makes a difference in your health
- The problem with restrictive eating.
- How gut health affects during stress
- How the gut influences coping skills and depression
- Why changes in estrogen affect both the brain and the gut
- How to get diversity in your food and improve your health
- Why it’s important to get rid of the endocrine disruptors (and what they are)
Christine is a writer for many national magazines and newspapers and has published over 16 recipe and health books including her latest books My Kids Can’t Eat That, The Brain Boost Diet and The Gut Health Diet, endorsed by Dr Mark Hyman from the Institute Of Functional Medicine USA.
Christine also lectures nationally and internationally and is widely sought after for her expertise.
More information at her website www.christinebailey.co.uk
Some of her books:
- Nourish: Cancer Care Cookbook
- Eat to Get Younger
- Supercharged Juices and Smoothies
- Supercharged Green Juice & Smoothie Diet Dec 2015
- Paleo Diet
- Raw Food Diet
- The Gut Health Diet
- The Brain Boost Diet
- My Kids Can’t Eat That: How to Deal with Allergies & Intolerances in Children