147 – From Wheelchair to Weightlifting Podium with Kim Rahir
Kim Rahir is a 60-year-old mother of three who was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis (MS) 10 years ago. She decided to ignore her then doctor’s advice… muscle her way back to a happy life… and in 2023, become the European Champion in Masters Weightlifting in her age and weight category.
Her journey inspired her to leave her career in journalism in her 50s and become a health coach for middle aged women – with a big focus on reactivating and rebuilding muscle.
Today, Kim helps women tap into an abundant source of vitality by reactivating and maintaining their muscles, while ditching diet culture conditioning to actually eat to nourish and flourish.
- Being resilient during difficult times
- About her situation with MS (multiple sclerosis)
- Starting out in a wheelchair, progressing to crutches
- How she started weightlifting
- Progressing to the European Championship in Masters Weightlifting
- Why she focuses on offsetting age related muscle loss over muscle gain
- Reactivating, rebuilding and maintaining muscle mass
- How muscle relates to metabolic, bone and even mental health
- How she recommends her clients eat
Download | Play in New Window
Please Subscribe: Apple Podcasts (iTunes) | Google Podcasts | Pandora | Player FM | Castbox | Tunein | Spotify | RSS | Amazon Podcasts | iHeartRadio | Podchaser | Podcast Addict | Listen Notes