136 – Fluid Running with Jennifer Conroyd
In episode 136, Jill and Chris talk with Fluid Running founder, Jennifer Conroyd. She is the world’s leading expert on aqua jogging/deep water running and is the epitome of a Fit Strong Woman Over 50.
Jennifer is A.C.E. certified, AEA certified and has an Exercise Is Medicine credential from ACSM. She is also a 16-time Boston Marathon qualifier and an Ironman finisher. Jennifer founded Fluid Running on the belief that even though injury and pain can sideline even the most fit and strong women, there is a way to keep active and stay healthy — both mentally and physically — while our body heals.
She learned how to do it through deep water running and is now teaching thousands of others around the world the secret to her success.
- How fluid running helped her maintain her marathon training after injury (and qualify for Boston!)
- What fluid running is and what it isn’t
- Why it is different from aqua jogging
- How to interpret heart rate while in the water
- Benefits of fluid running – including weight loss
- Equipment needed for fluid running
- How fluid running fits in with cross training and endurance sports