Episode 138 – Control Your Own Health Care
Download | Play in New Window
Please Subscribe: Apple Podcasts (iTunes) | Google Podcasts | Pandora | Player FM | Castbox | Tunein | Spotify | RSS | Amazon Podcasts | iHeartRadio | Podchaser | Podcast Addict
Today Jill and Chris speak with Susan Salenger, an author who has found effective ways of dealing with frustrations with the healthcare system and better ways to ask your doctor questions, resulting in more complete answers.
Born and raised in Los Angeles, Susan attended UCLA to study English. After graduation, she worked alongside her husband Fred for 25 years at their production company, Salenger Films, which produced corporate training and development films distributed worldwide.
She is the author of Sidelined: How Women Can Navigate a Broken Healthcare System. Today, at age 80, when Susan is not speaking about her book or spending time with family and friends, you will find Susan power lifting to stay in shape.
- How women are often treated differently than men by doctors and medical experts
- Why getting a second opinion is so important and how to do get a second opinion
- How to ask questions at your doctor appointment to get more complete answers
- Differences between nurse practitioners, physician assistants, and medical doctors
- Why blaming ourselves for an illness can prevent us from getting the care we need
- Autoimmune diseases and why their is so much difficulty in diagnosing them
Links to follow Susan Salenger: